Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Old Photos

I am working on a project involving the old "extinct" tourist attractions from the Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Sevierville and Smokies area. I know many of you have been vacationing here for years and should have some family photos which most likely will have some of these places in the background. The attractions also include popular restaurants, gift shops, motels, etc. Do you remember Rebel Railroad? The Mountain Ocean Wave Pool? Porpoise Island? How about Mystery Hill? Homespun Valley? The bear who drank Yoo-Hoos? The list is long.
How many of you got dressed up in your Sunday best and went to Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg for an Easter Sunday or Mother's Day lunch back in the 50's & 60's? There are bound to be photos of events such as those around somewhere. Anyway, if you or someone you know has some photos and would be willing to share them with me, it would be greatly apprreciated. I'm going to need lots of photos. I've already been through our family's stash and I know some of you are bound to have better pictures than I have. And if you have any good stories about something you experienced during your visits here (or if you live here..............something you remember about going to some of those places) we would love to hear about it. You can contact me at: dumplingrass@comcast.com. Our snail mail address is 525 E. Dumplin Valley Road, Kodak, TN 37764. THANKS SO MUCH!

No comments: