Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hello 2011

I don't know about everyone else, but I am so glad to see a brand new year. 2010 will not be one of the years that I will remember fondly. Let's hope that 2011 will be a year of good health, peace & prosperity.
How many of you have already broken the New Year's Resolution you made a couple of days ago?? I'm doing good so far but I didn't make one that was too hard.
2011 is off to a pretty good start here on the farm. We have our flyer ready to print (thanks Matt); saw a good movie yesterday (True Grit); ushered in the New Year with good friends; people are beginning to build houses again; I "fixed" my treadmill (don't ask); I can see the light at the end of the tunnel for my book project; I'm enjoying a newly organized closet (thanks Julie); and it looks like I'm going to have time to read a couple of good books.
I'm hoping to complete one of the items on my "bucket list" this year. Can't say which one yet. Don't want to jinx my chances.
On to BLUEGRASS.............with a fresh and exciting lineup, we expect to have an excellent festival this year and look forward to meeting new attendees here at Dumplin Valley as well as welcoming back our bluegrass friends.
I am going to make a better effort this year to get out and see more bluegrass shows as there are several good opportunities throughout the winter for indoor events and then the early spring festivals will fire up. I hope that you will also have an opportunity to get out and enjoy many of the outstanding musicians on the road or in your own hometown. You know.......there are a lot of good venues to choose from. Let's all get out and support bluegrass whether it's a local group or one of those bands racking up miles of blacktop to bring you some enjoyment.
Happy 2011. m

No comments: