Thursday, January 12, 2012

Hello 2012

I cannot believe that it has been so long since I did any blogging. Looking at the date of the last installment, I realize that it was shortly before Joe and I had the incredible experience of becoming grandparents for the first time. And I must admit that I have been ever so slightly consumed with getting acquainted with our little Eliza Jewell. Her due date fell during the week of last year's festival so I headed to Colorado for her arrival which was early enough to allow me to return to Kodak in time for Joe's birthday and our wonderful festival. So glad I came home for a few days as I got to spend time with so many of our friends whom we only get to see during our event. It was especially poignant this year as I was able to spend a few days with Gene Daniell who has since made his journey to Heaven.
We have great plans for 2012. Since last year's pickin'/camping weekend was so much fun in May, we are planning to do it again this year. It will be the weekend of May 18-19 which is also the same weekend that the city of Sevierville will be having their Bloomin' Barbeque & Bluegrass event. Hopefully, you will consider coming to Sevier County that weekend and see what kind of bluegrass we can offer you. There will be no "shows" as such here in the campground. But there will be all kinds of jamming/picking/eating/visiting all weekend. Last year there were several people who came for the whole week. Reservations are being made now so if you want to come, please let us know as soon as you can. The only charge is the regular overnight camping fee/night. We had a ball last year since Joe and I were not under the obligation of the regular festival duties and were able to participate/socialize with everyone.
13th Annual Dumplin Valley Bluegrass Festival September 13-14-15
We are happy to announce that the following bands/musicians/artists will be joining us in September for some fantastic shows:
Rhonda Vincent & The Rage; Lonesome River Band; Junior Sisk & Ramblers Choice; Monroeville; The Gibson Brothers; The Little Roy & Lizzy Show; Jerry Butler & The Blu-J's; Jimbo Whaley & Greenbrier; Balsam Range; Paul Williams & The Victory Trio; as well as a few that have not been confirmed yet.
Hopefully, we will have our website up really soon and you will be able to get the info you need to make plans.
Ah....................with all that said, I will leave you today with some photos of some happenings around here since my last effort at blogging. And since I probably won't be running into a lot of you at the grocery store or the mall or post office or church or anywhere, please humor me as I post a few photos of my sweet little Eliza :).
Here it is January 12, 2012 and we are hunkered down this evening in anticipation of a little snow with lots of wind howling outside. I hope that wherever you are, you are snug and warm. .......until next time............m

No comments: