Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Big Storm

As I went to sleep last night I was anticipating to wake up to a winter wonderland this morning. But.....NO!! That huge storm heading toward us all but skipped over us and left a little bit of snow and a lot of slush in its wake. All day long we were hearing that we would possibly get a significant snowfall and that I-40 was ground zero for the storm. I guess the operative word there would have been "possibly". Just before turning in I noticed that it was spitting snow, sleeting, raining, snowing big wet flakes, then sleeting, raining, sleeting............you get the idea. Oh, well, I'm sure that there are a lot of local children disappointed today since there isn't a lot of snow. But there are certainly others who are relieved that the weather wasn't too bad. Hopefully, the slushy roads won't freeze tonight. That's so much worse than the snow.
Lots of businesses closed early last night and some may even be closed today. We were looking forward to attending the Hillbilly Ball tonight but it has been postponed to a later date.
If you haven't already noticed take a look at my last post for the latest additions to the lineups for 2010. I still have one more to go and will add it as soon as I get confirmation.
We hope wherever you are that you are warm on this cold day. M

No comments: