Friday, September 19, 2008

Great Day!

Thursday started off with a dose of beautiful weather, well-behaved school kids on a bluegrass field trip, a great crowd and wonderful music. If the rest of the weekend is anything like yesterday, I can't wait!
The shows yesterday were phenomenal. There were a lot of festivarians as well as folks coming to a bluegrass event for the first time. And the "first timers" who took the time to run me down were very happy with their decision to try us out this year.
The food is great, too. We have some great vendors. Last night I was lucky enough to be out late when one vendor came back to put some more briskets in to smoke........ooooooooooooooooooweeeeeeeeeeee.........does that ever smell good!!!!?!
And I've already had breakfast from one of them this morning. And, let's not forget the chocolate smoothies, fried green tomatoes, best kettle corn you ever had and home made pork rinds!!! I bet somebody's mouth is watering.
I didn't do much picture taking yesterday but Roy did so I will post those later. I did a little video but not sure how to upload it yet. We'll try to get some photos on here tonight.
Come on out and join us.
M

No comments: